Foundations of Caring Bootcamp
Long-Term Health Care Training
Kickstart Your Health Care Career in Two Weeks!
Washtenaw Community College (WCC) has partnered with Michigan Works! Southeast and local to develop an accelerated two-week, long-term health care training – at low-to-no cost. Learn the skills needed to succeed in direct patient care, no matter your experience.
- CPR certification
- Patient care
- Essential soft skills
- Four continuing education credits at WCC
What’s in it for you?
Complete the class and get PAID on-the-job training with a local health care employer, and the opportunity to get hired on the spot.Applications are open!
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have obtained a high school diploma or GED
- Be able to pass a basic background check
- Have a valid state ID, Social Security card or passport
Please note that eligible candidates will undergo a career-focused assessment. Support services and tutoring will be available throughout the program.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are open!
Sign up to launch your future!
WCC Long Term Care Bootcamp
Frequently Asked Questions
- Transition people as quickly as possible to employment in a healthcare setting
- Help the potential employee be successful and marketable in their job search
- Match the potential employee with a provider in the workforce consortium
- Begin the process of learning the soft skills necessary to succeed in the healthcare workforce
- Learn the basic job skills to be successful in the healthcare workforce
- Help potential employees recognize available social services and resources
- Provide CPR training and certification