Now Offering Virtual Workshops
Take advantage of our online workshops, offered at no cost to you!
What Makes Our Workshops Unique?
Our monthly workshops offer a wide variety of interactive classes to help anyone become ready for employment. Regardless if you are experienced or considering employment for the first time, we have a workshop for you!
What makes our workshops stand apart? We asked for feedback from the companies you are applying to. Our Business Services Team asked employers they work with on a daily basis to share with us what they are looking for in a candidate. We took their feedback and designed unique workshops just for you!
Our Virtual Workshops
- Job Search Strategies
- Tips for Virtual Career Fairs
- How Dollars Make Sense
- Job Apps, Cover Letters, and References
- Interview to Impress
- Resume Strategies
- LinkedIn for Job Search
Job searching in today's economy can be both difficult and frustrating. Learn strategies and resources for an effective job search plan.
- Important steps to plan and execute your job search
- How to use the Internet as an effective job search tool
- Learn many helpful and useful Internet resources, web sites, and job boards
- Gain a better understanding of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and the importance of keywords
- Social Media's value in job searching
Virtual job fairs and virtual career fairs are becoming an increasingly popular way for companies to recruit new candidates.
- What is a Virtual Job Fair
- What to expect
- Preparation Tips
- Video interview tips
Join our workshop to learn practical tips and suggestions for budgeting and basic money management.
- Create a budget
- Evaluate wants vs. needs
- Create a spending plan
- Create a savings plan
- Establish money goals
- Debt and credit scores
Having a correctly-prepared job application, cover letter, and job reference list can positively influence your candidacy for employment.
In this workshop you will learn best practices of:
- Preparing on-line applications
- Authoring a simple but effective cover letter/ cover note that will help you stand out from your competition.
- Formatting and style options for cover letters and cover notes.
- How to handle requests for salary information.
- Choosing job references and preparing a reference list.
- Reference checking and background screening.
Feeling stressed about interviewing? Attend this workshop to learn valuable tips to become a prepared and confident candidate.
- What employers are really looking for in candidates.
- How to prepare for an interview including tips on phone interviews, video interviews, and the on-site interview.
- How to make a great impression!
- Post interview tips - help the employer remember you.
Excellent tips and strategies that can help get your resume into the hands of hiring managers.
Workshop topics include:
- Purpose of a resume - what a resume IS and IS NOT
- Resume evaluation - understanding Applicant Tracking Systems
- How to determine KEYWORDS
- Resume versions and formats
- Resume development tips - top to bottom
LinkedIn is a social media platform that can be useful for both networking and job search. Learn ways the LinkedIn platform can assist you.
- Why use LinkedIn in your job search?
- Setting up or updating your profile
- LinkedIn features - settings, search, network tab, jobs board, and Groups
- Endorsements and recommendations
- Elements of a good LinkedIn profile
February 23rd, 2021
9:00am - 12:00pm
Do you dream of helping others in their time of need? If so, a career in healthcare may be right for you! Register today to connect with employers in Hillsdale, Jackson and Lenawee Counties that are eager to hire. We even have employment opportunities in the healthcare field that do not require previous healthcare experience!
If you’re starting your career, or want to transition to a career in healthcare, our Healthcare Hero Virtual Job Fair may be the chance you have been waiting for.Click Here to Learn More!