Now Offering Virtual Workshops
Take advantage of our online workshops, offered at no cost to you!
What Makes Our Workshops Unique?
Our monthly workshops offer a wide variety of interactive classes to help anyone become ready for employment. Regardless if you are experienced or considering employment for the first time, we have a workshop for you!
What makes our workshops stand apart? We asked for feedback from the companies you are applying to. Our Business Services Team asked employers they work with on a daily basis to share with us what they are looking for in a candidate. We took their feedback and designed unique workshops just for you!
Our Virtual Workshops
- Job Search Strategies
- Tips for Virtual Career Fairs
- How Dollars Make Sense
- Job Apps, Cover Letters, and References
- Interview to Impress
- Resume Strategies
- LinkedIn for Job Search
Job searching in today's economy can be both difficult and frustrating. Learn strategies and resources for an effective job search plan.
- Important steps to plan and execute your job search
- How to use the Internet as an effective job search tool
- Learn many helpful and useful Internet resources, web sites, and job boards
- Gain a better understanding of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and the importance of keywords
- Social Media's value in job searching
Virtual job fairs and virtual career fairs are becoming an increasingly popular way for companies to recruit new candidates.
- What is a Virtual Job Fair
- What to expect
- Preparation Tips
- Video interview tips
Join our workshop to learn practical tips and suggestions for budgeting and basic money management.
- Create a budget
- Evaluate wants vs. needs
- Create a spending plan
- Create a savings plan
- Establish money goals
- Debt and credit scores
Having a correctly-prepared job application, cover letter, and job reference list can positively influence your candidacy for employment.
In this workshop you will learn best practices of:
- Preparing on-line applications
- Authoring a simple but effective cover letter/ cover note that will help you stand out from your competition.
- Formatting and style options for cover letters and cover notes.
- How to handle requests for salary information.
- Choosing job references and preparing a reference list.
- Reference checking and background screening.
Feeling stressed about interviewing? Attend this workshop to learn valuable tips to become a prepared and confident candidate.
- What employers are really looking for in candidates.
- How to prepare for an interview including tips on phone interviews, video interviews, and the on-site interview.
- How to make a great impression!
- Post interview tips - help the employer remember you.
Excellent tips and strategies that can help get your resume into the hands of hiring managers.
Workshop topics include:
- Purpose of a resume - what a resume IS and IS NOT
- Resume evaluation - understanding Applicant Tracking Systems
- How to determine KEYWORDS
- Resume versions and formats
- Resume development tips - top to bottom
LinkedIn is a social media platform that can be useful for both networking and job search. Learn ways the LinkedIn platform can assist you.
- Why use LinkedIn in your job search?
- Setting up or updating your profile
- LinkedIn features - settings, search, network tab, jobs board, and Groups
- Endorsements and recommendations
- Elements of a good LinkedIn profile